1. HS Choir is having their fall concert this Thursday at 7:00. Prior to their performance, you may come see our beginning band, JH band and JH choir perform at 6PM. The event will be located in the HS gym.
2. We are in the Districts wrap up for our fall teams. Football will be playing Cuba (at Cuba) on Friday, Oct 30, at 7PM. You will need to be on the pass list. Cost for anyone over 5 years of age is $5. Come support our boys. Cross Country districts begin on Friday, Oct 30, at 9AM. Students will be bussed up to competition during school. The competition is at McNair Park in St. Charles. Our Volleyball girls competed in their district playoffs last night. Unfortunately, their season ended with their loss. They had a great season and it was a joy to see them play.
3. We will have an AMI day on Tuesday, Nov 3rd. An Alternative Method of Instruction day means our students will still be working on school work but will be doing it from home. Students will be provided a review assignment from each class that is to be completed on Tuesday. Students will have the opportunity to download this assignment on Friday, prior to the weekend. Teachers will be email their first hour classes to check in. Each student is expected to respond sometime during the day that they have completed their AMI work. If a student has a questions, they may email their teacher for help. Teachers will be available for help from 7:30-3:30 via email. Some teachers are also providing Google Meet opportunities to help students on work. Please make sure your student has completed their work on Tuesday. It will be counting for points in SIS.
4. We are having a spirit week this week to kick off our playoff season. Spirit Days are Wednesday: Class Colors Day; Thursday: Black and Gold Day; Friday: White Out day. Student classes are competing against each other for the Spirit Stick. The winning class will earn a trip to the movies. We will be holding a socially distant pep rally on Friday at the end of the day.
5. ATTENTION: The end of the quarter has been extended until January 15th. As a result of this change, we will be updating all your student's Peak courses to reflect this new end date of Jan 14 at 11:01PM. You will see an email from Peak stating that your student is being enrolled in a new class. This is the same class, but with a new end date. We will also begin enrolling your students for the 2nd semester courses. You will be receiving an email regarding their new 2nd semester classes as well. If you have any questions regarding their enrollment, please contact the HS Office.
6. We will be giving district benchmarks starting Nov 10 - Nov 24th. Virtual students will need to come to a Monday tutoring time during this window to take their benchmark test at school. Classes that will be taking benchmarks are as follows: Algebra 1, English 2, Biology, and Civics. No other classes will be taking benchmarks during this window.
7. PICTURE RETAKES and SENIOR PICTURES: We just received word from Interstate. Picture retakes and Senior pictures will be on NOVEMBER 20th.